Planning a Teamwork Activity?
Here's a Sample Teambuilding Schedule:
HOW YOUR HALF-DAY TEAMBUILDING SCHEDULE MAY LOOK:
8:30 Icebreakers and Tip-off Activity (:25)
(whole group, quick and fun introductions!)
- will begin our day with a fun set of “brain-floss” possibility-thinking to get our group primed for the activities, and discussions that will follow
9:00 Team Bonding exercise (:30)
(teammate trivia in pairs)
- a terrific opportunity to build rapport and grow relationship by asking pointed questions and sharing background and insights with teammates
9:30 Loyalty and Adversity training (:15)
- movement activity to illustrate need for teamwork, dependence on others, and strategy amid adversity to improve group morale
9:45 Teamwork & Leadership Challenge (:20)
(helium stick, groups of 8-20)
- test of communication and teamwork where all participants must work together and lower the pole while following a set of rules – full of laughs and surprises!
10:15 Acknowledging Issues and Accountability (:25)
(four words – perceptions and values whole group discussion)
- a short but powerful activity to share individual perceptions of the team and organization before shaping the desired vision of all members
10:40 Teamwork & Leadership Challenge (:25)
(tennis ball transport activity- two groups of 6-8)
- physical challenge that demands teamwork and communication…
11:05 Great Teams “Platinum Rule” personality review workshop (:20)
(Identifying leadership types and communication needs)
- improves team communication and understanding once learning and personality types are identified, and develops appreciation of diverse talents.
11:25 Teamwork and Leadership Challenge (:25)
(jumbled pictures, whole group)
- a puzzle challenge that demands team communication, but inspires unlikely leaders to step up and contribute to team needs.
11:50 Review of Activities, Discuss “8x10 moments” (:10)
- opportunity for team to individually summarize and digest lessons of the day and carry away insights that will influence future behaviors…
Your teamwork activity agenda will be full of smiles and surprises, and will improve communication, group bonding, and creativity! Let me know what you want to accomplish with YOUR GROUP - and I will prepare a customized teambuilding activity schedule and proposal for you... the investment will be worth it!