Winning Attitudes - Culture Trumps Strategy
How does Teambuilding Create a Cohesive Culture?
Organizational culture trumps strategy because the enviroment your people work in affects their effectiveness. Experiential Learning and teambuilding are a powerful learning tool because they help to build a positive culture in many important ways…
1. Everyone is Involved: The most effective way to learn something new skills is to actually do it. Remember the old saying- “I hear, I forget, I see, I remember, I do, I understand?” Research shows that when your people just sit and listen, they retain less than 20% of what they hear. When they are involved in active experiential learning (simulations, challenging games, etc.) they retain 90%!
2. Leadership Opportunities: In every activity they will encounter, there is an opportunity for leadership. This aspect of the fun and challenging activities is always addressed in our debriefing discussions. It is important to recognize the personality types and strengths in your group, then everyone will be better equipped to lead from where they are when you experience real adversity.
3. Safe and Fun Activities: The Experiential Learning activities I use will offer all participants a safe and fun atmosphere to risk, learn, share ideas, and make mistakes. As you see below, our time together will be spent in a “no-judgment” zone, and there are no physically demanding tasks, so all of your people can participate!
3. Build Knowledge and Relationships. Team play allows a your people situations and games to learn about each other and share laughter in a controlled situation. Knowing how each of them handles obstacles or frustration is invaluable – for each activity is itself a microcosm of the challenges your team may be facing. How do you communicate? What are your team personality types and individual strengths? Perhaps most importantly, an event provides opportunities for self-discovery!
5. Relevant Take-Aways: Teambuilding challenges do more than just build trust and relationships amongst your people – they offer lessons for more productive roles and interactions. Yes, the group will become more comfortable as members laugh together and become more familiar – but these same activities can each be utilized to pinpoint and improve on the issues your team may be unwilling to address.
A Strong Team Culture Starts Here:
The Great Results Philosophy:
(During our Teambuilding Day, these are the "Ground Rules")
1. Think Creatively: It's not just "Okay" to challenge assumptions, it's productive!
2. You Have Entered A No Judgment Zone: Allow yourself and others the freedom to
share ideas without fear of rejection. Encourage others, and enjoy yourself!
3. No Deposit, No Return: The more you invest, the more you will get back in return!
4. Choose To Have Fun: Participation in all activities is entirely by choice... like smiling!
If You are Interested in Being More Successful:
Realize that Telling is not Teaching...
And admit that the strategy of your X's and O's, or the Employee Handbook, or the Company Mission Statement mean NOTHING to your people until they buy in and commit to caring about the culture and people that they are working with.
The engaging nature of experiential learning and team building activities produce improved office teamwork. Sean's fun professional development, impactful speaking topics, or interactive conference presentations will improve group bonding with challenging events that provide GREAT RESULTS...
THEN CALL SEAN TODAY at 770-861-6840!
Learn from successful organizations of the past: CULTURE TRUMPS STRATEGY.
Building your strong team culture has great rewards - including team focus, improvement in team morale, and they lead to success. Whether you are building classroom teams, athletic teams, or business teams, the results will be Great!
Culture Trumps Strategy - Create Winning Attitudes
by Providing Your People a Chance to Play Together!
WANT A MORE COHESIVE TEAM CULTURE?
DISCOVER THE TOP 7 REASONS TO HIRE SEAN!