Lead Your Team With Sean's Team Building and Leadership Blog
Sean's Team Building and Team Leadership Blog Shares Insights and Inspiration to Lead from Where You Are!
25 Funny Questions to Get to Know Your Team
If you want to get to know your team better, the first thing you need to do is ask them about their past, their passions, and their purpose for being there.
But while that conversation will help you understand why they are on the team and what they plan to contribute, it will likely not provide details about their personality or about their unique preferences and perspectives.
For deeper connections, and to paint a more accurate picture of the people you are working with and what makes them laugh, what makes them cry, and what rings their bell, you need to have a list of funny questions to ask.
The below list of 25 funny questions is great for your next meeting, your next commute with a colleague, or your next group cookout.
Print them out on separate sheets of paper.
Post one each day in your office workroom.
Email a few to your coworkers each Friday.
Find a way to ask more entertaining and funny questions, and you will be surprised to learn what your teammates will share when they answer…
Consider using some of the following:
1. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card?
2. Which storybook/cartoon character turns you on the most?
3. What was your favorite TV show when growing up?
4. Choose a movie title for the story of your life.
5. What was your favorite toy as a kid?
6. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet?
7. Can you play any instruments?
8. What is the oldest thing in your refrigerator?
9. What is the nerdiest thing you do in your spare time?
10. What is your favorite cereal?
11. What, if anything, have you ever re-gifted?
12. What was the worst punishment you received at school?
13. What's the strangest talent you have?
14. What was your childhood nickname?
15. Do you have any strange phobias?
16. What's your favorite flavor of Pringles?
17. Have you ever had a poem or a song written about you?
18. Which way does your toilet paper hang on the wall – over or under?
19. What, or who, are you a “closet” fan of?
20. When did you accept a dare that you later regretted?
21. What is one thing that all of your love-interests have had in common?
22. Where and when did you have your first kiss?
23. What are three things still left on your bucket list?
24. If you could have any one superpower, which would you choose?
25. What is the worst pet you have ever had?
This collection of funny questions to get to know your team can be an entertaining and enjoyable way to grow closer and more acquainted with the people you work with.
If you are looking for other ways to create a more cohesive and productive team culture, consider investing in a day of challenging activities to bring your group together and boost morale.
Sean is an Atlanta team building event facilitator with the experience and enthusiasm to supercharge your group interactions and inspire smiles throughout your organization.
Have a great time sharing these 25 funny questions with your team… and take a moment to share any others that you think would be helpful in a comment below!